Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Village Idiot of the Day, May 2, 2011: Canton Repository

Since February, I Hate Canton has been fascinated by the Rep's inability to fix a link on its Story Comments webpage. Although the headline changes frequently, the responses to the original February 8 article, What's Your Most Memorable Super Bowl Commercial? remain the same when read on the Comments page. Go to the "Opinion" tab on the Rep's front page, click Story Comments, and scroll down. If you hit the link, though, it will take you to the current story, not the Super Bowl story, and germane comments if posted.

For nearly three months, this foul-up has made for some hilarious reading. The latest rendition, however, takes the comments to a new delicious appropriate inappropriateness:

Kurt812
For me, hands down, it was the pint-sized Darth Vader in the VW Passat commercial. That little fellow did a remarkable job of showing a wide range of emotions without his face ever being shown. Priceless.

marleygreiner
Chrylser and Eminem.

SourdoughSal
Snickers-last year's Betty White and Abe Vigoda was the best, but Richard Lewis this year was awesome! I also loved the groupon commercial-Elizabeth Hurley talking about the Brazilian rainforest deforestation and a coupon for a Brazilian-so deliciously un-PC!

Ben White
My favorite was the one with all the old sitcom characters in their hometown teams' jerseys. "Cleveland Brown" from the "Family Guy" wearing a Browns' jersey was classic.

rino333
I would have liked to see the game, cool commercials, and to participate in the camaraderie with the other guests and relatives attending the party, but after yet another jackass celeb couldnt perform OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM correctly thats all I got to see. I went to the back bedroom, found my 4-year-old niece, and 5-year- old nephew, and colored with them quietly. We enjoyed our evening.

Don Cirelli
Well, my buddy Mike had a little mantra he would recite whenever he wanted to tease me about my own "lifestyle". It went like this: "Get up...go to work...go home...eat supper...go to bed". Now that I'm retired, my life is even more boring.

It really can't be that difficult to fix this link. I Hate Canton has problems with links every day and even we can fix them.

We are thrilled to include the Canton Repository as Village Idiot of the Day, May 2, 2011.

Bookmark and Share


No comments: