Frank posted the most astounding comment yesterday. In case you missed it:
Citizens at Tea Party Sound Off on the Issue
We would be a better country if only taxpayers and property owners were allowed to vote.
This leaves so many questions. Semantically, by using "and" instead of "or" does he mean voters must be taxpayers AND property owners or does he mean be tax payers OR property owners?
Whatever...Frank drains the voter pool in the belief that the deteris will be responsible Chamber of Commerce white middle class, home-owning, responsible conservative Republicans, not a bunch of renting, irresponsible, union truckers, secretaries, and store clerking Democrats. He should be careful for what he asks!
You can probably think of more but here's a start. Would the following be disenfranchised under FrankRule:
- stay-at-home moms (or dads) with no income of their own
- spouses whose names do not appear on deeds (IHC's SAH mother owned the house and car; our father "owned" nothing--this is known as a lawsuit dodge).
- women (or men) who collect alimony
- persons who sell their homes and move into rental spaces
- tax dependents
- persons with limited incomes precluded from paying taxes
- tax defrauders
- the disabled
- women whose husbands have taken a powder and forced to live in reduced circumstances
- the rich
Once more, we name Frank Manello, Village Idiot of the Day, September 10, 2009. (see sidebar on the right, "Cast of Characters" Plot Lines" for more Frankisms.